Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hazel Dee Seaborn

Our beautiful baby girl has finally come!

The last month of my pregnancy seemed to drag on and on and on.  Every day seemed to last 40 years, and I thought she would never come.  But she's here and healthy and the prettiest girl I've ever seen in my entire life.  I can't get over her.  Most of the day you can find me just sitting and staring at her and smothering her with kisses. I absolutely adore her.

Hazel was born May 3rd, 2012.

I kind of knew it was going to happen that day.  The day before all day long I was having contractions.  They weren't too painful, and they were really irregular.  I probably googled a million times that day whether or not to go to the hospital. I google everything.  All it told me was that I'd know. I decided they weren't bad enough to go in yet, so Tyler and I went grocery shopping instead.  In hindsight, maybe not the best idea.  I was kind of hurting, and walking around wasn't making anything better.

That night I didn't sleep at all. I finally decided to just get up at 5 in the morning and shower and try to get my mind off the pain. I still wasn't convinced it was time to go to the hospital.

Tyler was supposed to work that day, but he had a feeling that the baby was coming, so he called in and took the day off. I was really trying to make him go to work.  I was having a hard time believing that Hazel was coming that day, but good thing for Tyler's feeling because around 6:30 I couldn't even stand or talk when a contraction came on, and they were coming almost every five minutes. I googled it and then finally decided to go to the hospital.

The whole drive to the hospital I was so worried that we'd get there and they'd send us back home. I did not want that to happen.  Luckily, that's not what happened.  We got to the hospital around 7 o'clock, and I was 5 cm dilated. They admitted me right away.

After that, everything is kind of a blur. I ended up having Toxemia, and Hazel's heartbeat kept going down. They hooked me up to an IV and even had NICU come into the room.  I knew I should have been worried, but honestly, I was too focused on the pain and was having a hard time being worried about anything else.  I kept quiet the entire time because I knew if I started screaming or crying, I wouldn't be able to stop.

I was so irritable the entire time.  I didn't like being touched or even talked to. I basically ignored anyone who tried to talk to me. Someone said something funny once, and everyone started laughing.  I can't even describe how mad I was at them for laughing.  That was not the time or place to laugh! I promise I'm not that mean all the time!

Everything happened so fast, I didn't even have time to think about an epidural.  At 12:10 p.m., Hazel was born.  She was a healthy 8.0 pound, 20 and a half inch long baby.  She's so precious, and definitely well worth every moment of pregnancy and all the pain of labor. I'm one proud mama!

She has red hair!  I love it.  I love her!

She has Tyler wrapped around her finger

I can't get over her

They love sleeping.  She's clearly Tyler's daughter.

Do all parents love their kids this much?  I'm obsessed

Love them!

She loves laying on her side.  She'll roll over to her side almost every night


  1. Okay I am DYING at these pictures Britt...she is so precious and adorable I want to meet her!! That pic of her and Tyler sleeping is just too much...she's so tiny!!!! Congrats...sounds like labor was a good time! Glad it's over for you:)

  2. I'm so happy you blogged!!! I've been checking like everyday!!!! I just love her and I miss her all the time! I can't wait to see her again. I got a job at this store called Joe Fresh (I don't know if you've heard of it) it's pretty cute stuff!! But, there is a kids section and every time I go through it, I just want to buy things for lil' Hazel Dee!!!! Love her!

  3. She is gorgeous!! congrats you guys!!