And here goes numero uno for 25 Things My Kids Should Know About Me.
I tried to actually think hard about these. I wanted every fact to mean something and to maybe define a little bit about who I am.
1. I have a strong testimony in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
2. I believe every little thing happens for a reason.
3. I am a lover of music. I have a new favorite song every day. Today it's Run by Snow Patrol or maybe 'Til Kingdom Comes by Coldplay.
4. I am a very strong believer of being kind to everyone. If I could only teach one thing to my kids, it would be to be nice to every single person they meet.
5. I want to take a class in photography, calligraphy, and cooking.
6. My dream place to visit is New Zealand.
7. I would like to go back to school and become a obstetrician. I think bringing life into this world is one of the most beautiful things, and I would love to be part of that on a daily basis.
8. I have wanted long hair my entire life.
9. I love thunderstorms. I love watching them, listening to them, everything.
10. I have a legitimate fear of spending my life alone, unloved.
11. Family means everything to me.
12. I think too much. I may be quiet, but my head is always going. I overthink every little thing I do, making the majority of things I do way harder than they need to be.
13. My whole life I wanted three or four kids. After Hazel was born, I felt like I had so much more love in me to give. I now want five or six kids.
14. I'm the biggest scaredy-cat you'll ever meet. Everything scares me. Snowboarding, waterslides, tubing behind a boat, hiking, snorkeling, everything. You name it, it probably scares me. This probably has to do with the fact I think too much.
15. My favorite foods are anything involving key lime or coconut or pineapple.
16. My dream home is an old house with lots of character, surrounded with lots of trees and secret gardens. This one, to be exact.
17. I keep everything inside. Not recommended. My whole life I have pretty much seemed unemotional just because I keep all my emotions locked up inside me. Trust me, I'm full of emotions.
18. I hate when people put other people down, to their face or behind their back. There's nothing that bugs me more. I think there's enough going on in the world that people don't need judgment added to their plate. It's not fair.
19. I'm a bookworm. Give me a book, and that's all I do until it's finished. I can't help it.
20. My favorite quote is from Jeffrey R. Holland. "In the gospel of Jesus Christ, you have help from both sides of the veil, and you must never forget that. When disappointment and discouragement strike...remember and never forget that if your eyes could be opened, we would see horses and chariots of fire as far as the eye can see riding at reckless speed to come to our protection."