My blog essentially is somewhat of a journal for me and something that I hope my kids will be able to read one day. The only problem is I'm downright horrible at being consistent. I would love to be somebody who is able to keep an updated record of my life and the important things that are going on. It's crazy how fast I forget the little things.
It's not just the little things either. Hazel's only a year old, and I can barely remember her newborn little self. I always want to remember her beautiful newborn smell and her tiny sweet cry; the way she hated being wrapped up tight and her adorable baby chub. I need to remember how she only likes soft blankets and the way she rubs it between her fingers and against her face to fall asleep. I most importantly want to remember how much she loves me. There's nothing better than her big hugs and kisses she'll give me every morning and her cuddles at night.
As important as remembering every little moment of Hazel and any other kids I might have, I think it's just as important that they know me. One day I'm not going to be here for my beautiful children, and I hope with all my heart that they remember me and know that I love them more than they will ever know. I want them to know I'm definitely not perfect but that I'm trying my best to be someone they'll be proud of.
I came upon this list during one of my Pinterest sessions. I think it's a fantastic way to help my kids know the little things about me. Little by little my goal is to finish off this list. Here's to hoping this doesn't take me a year to do.
THE LIST:1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears
3. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
4. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
5. If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?
6. What is your dream job, and why?
7. What are 5 passions you have?
8. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
9. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
10. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
11. Describe a typical day in your current life.
12. What’s the hardest part of growing up?
13. Describe 5 and weaknesses strengths you have.
14. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
15. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
16. How did you feel the moment you became a parent?
17. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
18. Describe your relationship with your parents.
19. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
20. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
21. What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about parenthood?
22. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
23. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
24. What are your hopes and dreams for your prosperity?
25. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.